WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

A course

I went to the trial site on Thurs to attempt to do the A course advanced. The draw was so strong back to the repen I could physically feel it and certainly Dare could.  We made it around the cone to the Y chute although it wasn't pretty. He's pushing too hard and then holding too hard.  Then had a hard time letting them come out of the corner to the Z chute(Mr Must HOld them).  Finally made it to the Hold pen .  I fooled around with how far out I had to send him to get the sheep out.  Next county would have been good. He can hold from a long way away.  I got them out and to the number 4 but then I could not figure out how to get them off of 4. If I sent him on a go bye, he rushed in and ended up chasing.  If I sent him on an away he brought them back to me.
I think I need to get heavier sheep at home and try it. I tried it with my light sheep and I created a draw at home and we couldn't do it here either. So if I get heavy sheep that won't worry him so much maybe I can convince him to flank to the fence and STAY on the fence to get them off.
If anybody has any suggestions please feel free. The trial is next Friday.

My next issue is with Dually in Started and it's the Draw back to number 4.  I think I need to get him farther off of them. He is pushing and stopping pushing and stopping.  Lots of turn backs by the sheep. Not very smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment