WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

I'll miss you Dare

RIP WTCH HC FINLEY'S DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU AFTDsd OFTDcm HTDdlll HTADslllHBXd(Dare)(I can do it MYSELF!)1LEG AFTDcPATDs ( my 2nd heart dog) -------------------------------------------- ---You left me too soon, we still had mountains to climb together*********************************** 16/15/05--9/13/14 not yet 9 years old a baby--my baby Dare ******************************************************************************************************** I fed Dare a big piece of sheep carcass on Fri am and he ate a lot of bones so I thought he had a tummy ache on Fri night when he threw up and wanted to just be outside. Not like him. Sat am he was feeling lousy but again I thought it was just a tummy ache. I sat on the couch with him for a couple of house and rubbed his tummy. I took him out to the arena thinking he just needed to get things moving. He barely could walk out there. He went up to the top of the hill to lie down under the trailer and would not come when I called him so I had to go get him. He wanted to lie in a corner outside but I made him come in the house until Nat got there to pick up the Billy. He went outside and just laid down. I asked Nat to take a look at him and we wouldn't even look at us so I went to pick him up and he couldn't stand. I called the emerg vet and got in the car and flew to Springfield. By the time I got there he was in a coma. They took him in and talked to me. Their first thought was poisoning from the carcass but the other dogs were fine. They did an ultrasound on his heart and it was surrounded by fluid as was his spleen. I opted to have the fluid removed and go from there. They did that, but he did not bounce back which he should have done. At that point we had to seriously consider brain damage and quality of life. The fluid that they took out was full of blood which indicated a tumor bleeding into the pericardium. The prognosis even with surgery and chemo was only months. He was awake but not all there. He did recognize me so I said good bye and let him go. Sad sad day

No comments:

Post a Comment