WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hmmmm

I got the newest puppy on Fri am at the Orlando airport.  His name is REason and he paid no attention to me when he came out of the crate and was very standoffish. He was excited to see Edge in the car, but not excited about people.

So for 2 days I have allowed him to interact with all the dogs. Edge nailed him once. He is very persistent and annoying. He and Posey play pretty rough, but I don't really know if that is normal or not.  He has growled at me and he bit me in the face this afternoon.  No provocation and no warning. Kinda scary at his age.  So I have decided that he longer gets to roam freely and interact whenever he wants with the other dogs. I have put a collar on him and he will be attached to me for a while and go wherever and whenever I go.  So far he does not like that.  He is very vocal when things don't go his way. A little tug on the leash and he half cries like he is being hurt.

When he was running free, he would go to the sheep pen and sit and stare at them.  It didn't matter what the other dogs were doing , he was mesmerized.

He also did not seem to know his name, does not know sit or down or come or how to walk on a leash. He is smart though and hopefully will get with the program quickly.  My biggest concern is his disdain for me.  That will never work.  I don't have to kiss him but he has to want to be with me.

I wish it was warmer this week, because taking him outside first thing in the am on a leash is going to suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment