WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Trailer here and old trailer has been sold

   I picked up the new trailer last night in Hudson. Laura drove it down from Maine for me which was a big deal for me.   She towed it behind her truck which already had a truck camper on it so it was a heavy load for her truck. And of course it was raining to beat the band yesterday.  It was  easy to hook up and it pulled very well. By the time I got home it was dusk and raining and I backed it into the driveway but that is as far as I got. I really couldn't see well enough to back it up.

This morning I got up and pulled it out of the driveway so that I could pull it it back in and into the pasture to turn it around and park it where I had the other trailer parked. The pasture was a bit muddy and I got sorta stuck a few times and the pasture is all rutted up now.  Oh well.  It will flatten out in time.  I was able to back it up right against the fence where the other one was and I am quite proud of myself for that.  It is about 6 ft longer than the other trailer.

So I went in and tried to get the bump out to push out and it wouldn't . Hmmm not sure why.   Will play more with it but I am also going to start putting stuff from the other trailer into it.  Well I figured out how to get it pushed out.  I had to go outside and pull on the sticky side.  I have it all the way out now. I wonder if there is someplace I can put WD40?

Lucky for me I had a family look at the old trailer last Sunday and they made me an offer and picked it up on Monday night. Gone , yay good by. Have a great time with it. I think they got a good deal, but at least I sold it and didn't take too big a loss.

Greg fixed the new trailer since it was all rotted underneath.  I haven't been able to take a close look ,but I glanced underneath last night and it looks really really good.  Hopefully all the other stuff in the trailer actually works. Never tried any of it before I bought it. duh

No comments:

Post a Comment