WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Traveling Sheep

Today the sheep are going to another farm to see if they will be suitable to use at the upcoming AKC  trial there. I  am bringing12 sheep-2 groups of trial  sheep and 2 groups of HT/PT. They are going in a  trailer for their first time ever. I'm sure Dare will convince them it't the place to be. The other supplier had a fox kill this weekend. Stuff happens.  Hopefully this will all be beneficial to my students who will be trialing.

Ok we decided to use my group of trial sheep--I had only brought one group because I thought they were using 3 but they are using 5.  Mine were light enough but not crazy.  The test sheep will be fine.  My students did well using my sheep and the farm owners too.  I think everybody was pretty happy.

Dare could not get them thru the cross drive panels again. I used the farms sheep and the draw was along the back fence and he either pushed them to the end or if I sent him the other way he turned them all the way back to me. I finally just gave up.   Try again another day and on other sheep.

Picked up Ice cream on the way home.  big dish of pistachio , my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment