WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

new sorting gate

  I bought a 2 way sorting gate from Premier so I would have it for the farm trial in 2 weeks.  Well  I have been thinking about how to set it up for 2 weeks since I got it here. I finally decided to put it temporarily right where they are going to have to do a sort for the trial. I was unsure how it would work there because it is really designed to go on a fence line and not butt up to another gate.  Well a friend and I set it up and then added some  8ft panels to make a chute and it works beautifully.  I have been playing with it for 2 days.  It's amazing how quickly my  dogs learned to put the sheep in the chute without my saying anything.  Now if I can get Dare to stop  pushing them through it a full speed, I may have something. Dually did fine at it.

    I also went out to train a bit in the arena tonight.   I worked on some stops and outs with Dare and then tried to pen the "light" sheep in the free standing pen.  We got 3 in but it was tough going.

I worked with Dually too and worked the pen and after a rocky start , we got all 4 in and then we quit on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment