WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

PWCC AKC trial yesterday

    It was a beautiful day,unlike today's rainy weather. I had only entered Dare in the trial. I guess I was trying to save money that week.I'm trying to finish Dare's ADV sheep title.  We had a really good run up till the cross drive and then we couldn't hold it together.  I tried to send him against the fence and he took it but wouldn't stop after he got them thru the cross drive panels so he turned them back to me and then I tried to get him to take a go bye and save it to 5 but he wouldn't and went away again. It was kind of a  mess. I asked if it was an attempt at 5 and the judge said yes so I took it and repenned them. We lost more than 1/2 the cross drive points so didn't Q.

The duck run on call ducks was better. He was doing everything I asked except really stopping. Going really really slow though.  step by step inch by inch slowly he turned and then he couldn't stand it anymore and pounced, but that was after the hold pen. We had some trouble again at the crossdrive and he dove in again but again we didn't get called on it. We repenned and won the class and High in Trial too. Go figure.  But it was a 3 pt major towards his Herding championship so I'll take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment