WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lots going on here

  I  suppose you want me to detail that.  No , you gotta come and see it.  Maybe I will take some pics.  How hard could that be.

I've been working Dare on ducks because we have to do B course ducks next weekend. So I have been doing the shed and he GETS it.  I did calls first and that was nearly impossible to shed so I changed to calls and Indian runners and that was easy to shed but really hard  to keep together long enough to shed. Then I just went to all Indian runners and he got it.  Not sure why and not sure if the runners are shedding themselves but at least he will come to me and take the indicated ducks off as instructed. Now I hope I get that far in the trial. LOL.

Tonight I sorted 7 sheep because I need 2 groups for  the upcoming trial.  I have 2 yearling ewes and one was born here and the other I bought 2 mos ago. I thought Princess was with the program but I must have been working the other ewe and not Princess.  Anyway I put her with 2 well broke sheep and she kept running into the gate and trying to jump through it.  The last time she did that , I thought she was dead , but she came back and it seemed to have smartened her up some.  She kept trying to get away from Dually and he kept covering her and turning her back and she finally got better. That was in the control pen so tomorrow I will have to take her out to a bigger field and find out if she is a kamkazi sheep or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment