WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Working cows with Dually

   All I can say is the cows better know the score at the trial this weekend.  Dually can get a little wild around cows and the babies run in 3 different directions.  It was hard because they  want the nice green grass and to try and get them moving at the same time in the same direction really takes a better trained dog but he tried.  We did get them up to the cone and sorta around it and almost had all 3 in the Y chute and they ran back to the grain pan. At least one ran back but when he covered that one, the other 2 left for parts unknown.   Fun fun fun. It is fun when they are this small and really can't hurt the dog no matter how stupid he acts.

Today Nat came to pick up some sheep so I brought Dually out to sort them. He does ok until they try to push thru the gate and then he just lays there and watches while I scream bloody murder at him to get up and help me.  Apparently all lights on but nobody home. Then we took them to the trailer and he was less than helpful there too. I think Dare would have loaded them in a heartbeat, but you gotta give the new dogs a try.

Rain today so the excavator operator only worked for 2 hrs or so because they have to truck the stumps to the back pasture and they were digging up the field so they quit until it drys out a bit. That means that I probably wont' be here when they get to the finish work so I explained to Ed what I wanted and hopefully they can all get together and do it the way I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment