WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Things

  My cows are now somebod y's dinner. I was sorry to see them go , but they had to go before winter.  It was all rather traumatic, but I am already looking forward to next years crop . One of my new students might have access to bull calfs at an even cheaper cost than this years.  I could get heifer calfs too, but we will see what happens in the new year.

I got up early and on the road this am to go look at a house for sale.  My sister found out the house next to her which was foreclose upon was being put up for sale for $35,000.  She wants to make sure it doesn't get gobbled up by the wrong kind of neighbors(what kind is that you might ask). I'm thinking she means , not nice people , or partiers or just plain inconsiderate. At any rate, she put a bid on it and asked me if I wanted to invest.  What the hay. I said yes.   So I might be a multi house owner soon.  It needs cosmetic work and cleaning.  We had a contractor look at it with us and he thought it was stucturally sound.

Then home to pick up the utility trailer to run down to Tractor Supply to pick up  more posts for the new little pasture/parking lot next to the house. It will be the most expensive enclosure to date.  All wooden posts and no tposts and new no climb wire .  It will have a 14 ft gate for people to drive thru safely and an 8 ft gate to take livestock thru and people. The grass looks good on it. It's growing well now. Fall is a good time to plant I guess.

Then lessons this afternoon and now cozily tucked in front of the computer and about to get into bed and watch something on netflix.

The other thing I did was to call the vet's office to find out how much to neuter Dare or Dually and they quoted me $470-$570.  I can get them neutered when I go to Fla for $130 and probably take part in the operation too.  I have a friend with a vet clinic.  Sounds like a no brainer. That would be quite a savings. Could do 3 for the price of one.  Not doing 3--just saying.

Ed started to winterize today. Picked up and put away stuff. He still has plenty of work to do here. The list keeps growing even as he works.


No comments:

Post a Comment