WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Puppy 's trip home "Journey"

I flew out to Idaho to pick up my new puppy.  I left at 5am  last Tues to drive to Logan and I had reserved a spot in a offsite parking lot for my car.  I did not know how fast they would get me to the airport so I was a little earlier than I needed to be and everybody kept warning me about security.  Well I got to Boston about 6:15  and the whisked me over to the airport and I was thru security in approximately 1 minute(no lines whatsover).  So now I had to wait until the plane left at 9:20.  It flew to Chicago and I had a 1 hr layover and then we flew to Phoenix where we had to stay on the plane before we took off for Boise arriving there at 6pm
   Frances picked me up right away and we went to dinner.  And got reaquainted. She is Dare's breeder and I was there 10 yrs ago to pick up Dare.   When we got to the farm the puppies were outside in a small xpen and the other dogs were out loose.  The first thing I saw was "the ears"  He was really cute and the only one with prick ears.  He was tiny compared to the 2 girl pups. very active  and vocal.  Then I met Que(the mom and Dare;s sister)She is the spitting image of Dare.  Same eyes, same intensity, same type of coat and same graying pattern.  She was a love.  I would take her home in a minute.
    I found  my room and went to bed early. Slept pretty well too.  The next day I realized the stains on the floor were a lot of dog shit that hadnt' really gotten cleaned up well. Ok so I have to live in a dog kennel for a couple of day.  In Frances's defence, she is 73, alone, running a farm,and caring for her 50 yr old severely handicapped son.  You would think her family (of which there are many local)would come and help her out a bit more.
   We spent the next day talking to Stephanie who was taking a girl pup home to her husband Nate who was the guy Frances was allowing to trial Que.  The girl pups beat up on my pup because they had at least 1 lb on him and looked like more substantial bone too. Hopefully he will catch up to them. She was feeding him only 2x day and I think he was hungry. When he got here he would poop and whip around to eat it. He is doing better now.

    The trip home was okay. Frances took me to the airport for 1 pm and we said good bye. . The flight did not leave until 3 and it was delayed till 3:30. More time for puppy to stay in the sherpa bag. We flew to Denver and the plane was packed.  Layover was over an hr and I took him out immediately in the airport and used a puppy pad and he very conveniently used it and actually hit it. YAY.  Back on the plane for a 4 + hr flight to Boston. We had storms that night so to avoid them the pilot took us to Canada and back down to Boston. I dont'think it took any longer. I think we landed around 12;30and I went out and tried to get him to pee and poop.  I got the pee and not the poo.  The shuttle picked us up and we got the car and I tried again to walk him but no go. Got in the car and the road was all detours so it was a little hard to get back onto the turnpike and of course about 5 min into the ride he pooped in the crate. I had to pullover and bag it and get back on the road.  I got home around 2:30 and in bed at 3. I took until 4 to fall asleep and he woke me up at 6:30.  So I was a zombie all day even though I tried to sleep off and on all day,

No comments:

Post a Comment