WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Raising puppy Journey

  So since he has been home I have been fighting the fact that he was allowed to pee and poop anywhere he liked. (in the house).   House training is constant.  You can't leave him alone for  a second or he is either peeing or into something.  He is the most oral puppy I have ever had.
    He was never corrected for anything, so I have to be the bad guy. He wants to bite me and in another week or 2 that is going to hurt so I am nipping that in the bud.  He knows nothing and he is a bright little guy.  He is not crate trained, had never had a collar and leash on and I am having trouble with crate training.  Last night he screamed for 2 hrs so I kept trying to change locations of the crate. Nothing worked. Finally he got so tired he conked out when I moved the crate next to me at 1;30.  He is tired this am.  (so am I)

    I gave him a mouthful of raw beef and he immediately violently threw it up.  Ok back to kibble. Might try a chicken neck soon though.

   I have used the clicker on him and I am teaching him to sit(he seem to get that). Today we worked on down. I can't get him down with a cookie so I just stepped on the leash and waited. I feed him in the crate but now he is panicking when i put him in it and close the door. I tried to put him next to Kip but that didnt' make any difference.  Not sure how to handle this.

He is very lovable, but seems very needy. He does not want to be alone AT ALL.

1 comment: