WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 3, 2017

ewe lamb

Cute little ewe lamb was born last Tues.  She is doing very well.  Day before yesterday I was given a baby to try and keep alive.  He had not been fed for over 24 hrs and he didn't make it.  His mother was a bitch.  She had twins and wasn't feeding either of them but her little ewe lamb somehow was stronger and made it and is now doing ok.  The boy never got a good feeding and just couldnt recover. They were not my sheep or it would have lived probably because I would have tied the ewe up so he could feed. oh well I tried. 

Laura and Greg Hamer stopped by for a couple of days.  We sent ot Rainbow river state park and we went swimming in the headwaters.  It was lovely.  I will definitely go again. I bought a poo noodle for the next time which may very well be today. Hot today but cloudy.

Kip has been lame for 2 months and the vet seems to think it is related to a disc.  He is on homeopathic meds and I am confining his activity because when he runs , he gets worse..
Journey is the same.  He is also on a new homeopathic so I am hoping that will do something.He can breathe and the infection is gone, but he cannot clear his own nose out and does not have a normal wet nose. He did start to work a little better when he could breathe, but the jury is still out on how talented he may end up being.  But darn he is cute and entertaining.

My lessons here have dwindled to nothing. Some of my students were snowbirds and they have left.

I am starting to plan my trip home which won't be for another 6 weeks.  Need to get my ducks in a row. 
Speaking of ducks, i took the ducks out to work them and Edge stepped on one and broke a leg.  We splinted it but who knows if that will work. Ir was broken in more than one place.
These muscovys aren't very good to work.

Hopefully next year I can get something else. And some chickens too.

At the beginning of the month I was on a mission to rid myself of cactus from the fields. It took me 2 weeks of 1-3 hrs daily to get the majority dug up.  I still go out daily and find new ones, but at least I can take the dogs out and not really worry about their feet.  And it's kind of addictive to dig them up. I don't know why.

I had Greg cut a tree down next to the dog pen yesterday, It was on top of a bottle brush plant so I am pretty sure it was not supposed to be there. It does let a lot morelight into the deck and even into the house.  Still trying to get used to that.

I haven't updated this blog mainly because I ran out of data.   Still not finding a good internet service down here or a good way to do hotspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment