WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Trial and hOme

So on the way home from Fla I stopped at a friends house to work his stock and stayed there for 3 days on my way to the Berryville Fa ASCA trial. Great hospitality and lovely stock and property.  It was a beautiful area of VA although the hills are a bit much.  Part of the reason I live in FLA.   I hate hills.
 Working Aussies of Va. held the trial and the stock was all very fair and even.  I though I had my dog tuned up but I was so wrong.  Edge was completely out of control on must runs and so was Kip.  Although Kip could hold it together long enough to win a few  of his classes except not cows.  He did well on ducks and I think sheep although I really can't remember. He did get High Combined, He seemed pretty sound most of the weekend although I am still dealing with his lameness.

Home on Monday and it was so muddy in the driveway I could not get the trailer into pasture and turned around. I just dropped it in the middle of the driveway.
I have been working non stop since I got home, fixing gates,mulching,planting,mowing and spending lots of time getting tractor and lawn tractor to work.  All set now, mouse nests all cleaned out and motor cleaned out and all gassed up and got both started . Also had to charge batteries.

The freezer in the cellar got disconnected again this year, so I have to take more rotten meat to the  dump. I keep putting it off.  Cleaned the gutters, ripped out a board full of carpenter bee holes.  need to replace it with a painted board.  roof needs replacing, yay
All this in between a full schedule of lessons.  Today it was cold and rainy so I spent most of the day doing nothing but then I decided to call on some hay which of course means hooking up the trailer and going to get it. PiA.
And I am cleaning the house out ,,sorting something every day.  slow ly

No comments:

Post a Comment