WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just got dusted.

Well most of you know what that means.  Yesterday when we were supposed to get  a bit of a snowstorm , all we got was a dusting of snow. Fine with me. It's gone already and I still have clear ground to work my dogs .  Howevah,,,   it's too durn cold out there for me.  It's 15 at 1:30 and windy windy windy.  cold as heck out there and although the dogs want to go out--too bad.

So I baked a new kind of bread. It was supposed to be onion and poppy seed but the poppy seeds were rancid to I used dill .  I'm waiting for the 2nd rise although not sure why it rose the first time since I accidentally dropped hot butter into the yeast.  Aghhh --well seems no harm no foul. I actually made it into a braided bread. I will take a pic.  That's a first for me(braided bread)

I am also working on the ASCA farm trial that we will be having in July.  Laura was here on Wed and we went thru the whole thing and made a course up that should work quite well. It will be sheep and ducks in Maine. It's a multi stock trial so anybody who has a sheep title or leg can still get a leg under Jan because it's a different title than just the sheep one.

I'm starting to get a little of the winter blahs so I am thinking about my next trip. Might be Canada in May and Pa in June. We'll see. Canada will be a clinic with Roger Stevens and no trial and June would be an ASCA trial and Dually needs advanced cattle legs and 1 adv duck leg.

*** Bread update.  I didn't hear the timer and instead of cooking for 1/2 hr , I think it was in for 1 1/2 hrs.  So it was like a big thick cracker and by the time it was cool , it was inedible. Even the sheep had a tough time with it. Of course they don/t have top teeth, but seem to do ok on hay and grain which I couldn't chew with teeth.  It didnt' taste that good either. Back to the recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment