WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Doodle Bug

    Since Dare has hurt himself and doesn't seem quite healed, I have been doing more of the day to day stuff with Dually who needs it anyway.   So I send him out to get the sheep  including all the ewes and lamnbs and frankly he is better at it than Dare.   Dare tends to run out like his tail is on fire and then he runs them back like he lit their tails on fire. Dually is much more kind and thoughtful.

At first he had a hard time going away from me that distance, but I insisted he go and he went.But we spent a few days with me forcing him to go get them. Sometimes he would go from the control pen thru the barn open and then stop and if I tried to make him go he would walk  straight up.  Of course that is not what I wanted but that is what I got when I said Get Around.  I don't understand why because I have done that command since he was a baby and it always means the same thing--go get the sheep.Anyway he wouldn't do it so I threw in Away to me and it was like the lightbulb went on.  OHhhhh you want me to go get them?  No more problems now and since the pens are not in a straight line I get to flank him off balance to get them thru the gates.  However, he has been leaving recalcitrant ewes behind(ignoring them).  That will not do and I am telling him in no uncertain terms that is not acceptable.  He will get it. He is a very smart dog and wants to please desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment