WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Damn ducks

  That's what Dare says about them I'm sure.  I had him in the duck arena and I made him drive the call ducks 100ft from me up to the far corner.  Most of the time he did it well,but once he brought them back to me.  So I made him take them all the way back again.  The reason I am doing this is because in the past he has failed to drive the ducks past me to the 1st panel in an ASCA trial.  He gets into flanking back and forth and forgets how to push so I am not flanking him much just asking him to walk up. It worked pretty well, but I want to do it again.  He still fades off to the left or the right so I need to work on that straight walk up.

Dually worked on taking the ducks up the middle with me walking forward and he needed to work on a straight walk also without overflanking. He did well,moving the ducks very little off the center line.  I had a student do it too with her BC. The dog overflanked big time but by the end , he walked a couple of steps behind the ducks.  If I remember correctly , it took about a 4 day clinic before Dually would walk behind and not overflank like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment