WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Yesterday

 I had no lessons scheduled yesterday so I loaded up 3  lambs in a dog crate and took them to Shelley in Ct and then I went to the  BC trial at the Tolland Ag center.  It was not that interesting. I didn't stay that long. I did decide my dogs would have had a tough time with the sheep . The sheep were either not moving or running to the exhaust. They were looking for ways to beat the dogs and my dogs don't like that very much.

I got home in time to help Ed spread 4 yrds of mulch. The gardens look great.  And then I worked both dogs and stayed calm and quiet and they worked nicely. Much better than yesterday in the bad wind. Dually and Dare are entered in a trial this coming weekend so we are working on A course. Probably should do some ducks this week too. But I am having issues with the turn around the post to the Y chute. Dually is good at it and Dare pushes too hard and so it always becomes a controlled runaway. I would really like it to look like a drive so I am going to continue to work on that piece, maybe not this week. My problem where I am  going is going to be getting from the hold  pen to 4 and then the sheep are going to RUN thru the cross drive panels and I dont' think Dare is going to like that one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment