WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, July 15, 2013

ASCNE trial

Finally got to Maine on Thurs afternoon.  I set up the trailer for the judge and exercised the dogs and got myself situated in Laura's camper.  It was very comfortable but the traffic on the road kept me awake all night and I got very very little sleep.

Friday was the farm trial on sheep and then on ducks.  Dare and Dually were the only 2 dogs in advanced so we got 1st and 2nd on sheep and Dually got thank you'd on ducks after a stellar start. He just couldn't hold it together and he bit and spit feathers. ah well. I know that completed Dare's AFTDd title but not sure about his sheep title.  No idea about Dually. Looks like I either didn't change my signature (which is how I keep track of legs) or I did and he did not complete his sheep title. I don't know about Dually either.  It will either come in the mail or not.  What a beautiful day though. Nice temp and dry and breezy. Could not have been better.

Sat was hotter but not too bad.  6 out of 6 Q's. Dare got HIT Cattle . Then we got a couple more placements but not many. All scores over 100 though.

Sunday was hot and still.   miserable actually..  We did 12 cattle runs in an hour and half in the am and moved directly to sheep.  Dually had a very nice sheep run placed 2nd I think. Dare was exhausted from not sleeping in the same room as me and he could not work because the deer flies were totally on him. I pulled him from sheep and ducks. Dually had a very very nice duck run. He was so under control for him.  I skimmed the 2nd panel and lost mucho points and came in 2nd.  Ah well. Dually got HIT cattle.  He really had a nice run.

Glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed tonight. Edge and Dually are not tired and outside playing.Dare is collapsed at my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment