WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Stall work

Today was relatively warm out for a while, so I took Dually out and had him fetch all the stock into the stall and then we separated the goats out into a smaller stall so I could work the sheep. We worked on flanks and getting around all the stock even if it was standing still in the corner. "Much easier to go around that single goat you know." Dually said a few times. I just kept telling him " Tough Noogies -go around that one too" He got it after a while and was a good boy. I worked Dare next and he was much calmer and the sheep were much calmer which really surprised me. I thought they were more scared of Dare than Dually but apparently not. Dare went around all the sheep and was better at getting between the wall and the sheep than Dually was. I tried to get him to walk thru the sheep away from me. That was stupid,I should have asked him to walk thru them to me. Tomorrow maybe we will try it again. Tried Edge in there too. He though biting was a real good starting point, but when I told him I didn't like that, he settled down and worked both ways. His go bye was a bit of a struggle, but Betty had the same issue in that corner with one of her dogs so I will see if I can figure out why there is so much pressure there. At least in that small and area, he doesn't try to stare at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment