WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

1st cattle run today

Dually would not take his flanks going into the take pen so I should have realized what was going to happen. We got them up thru the panel1  and the crossdrive was nice and then he would not take an away flank but took a go bye and turned them around inside the panel 2 so I had to bring them back again  and then he started to pick a fight with one of them.  I got him off that one and they started to come towards the chute , I needed a go bye and he would not take it fast enough to turn them  and then after that he simply would not take it.  I tried to get them back to the chute in the mean time he is fighting with the same cow and I have cows all over the arena. . I finally gave up and repenned them swearing at the cows and at him.  I guess the cows were fine but my dog was an asshole.  NOt a happy camper here.

The 2nd cattle run was better.  I made him go in and take the go bye, but he was compliant on that run. Some times he does what I ask and sometimes he does not. There is not telling when.

Both  duck runs were ok, both runs over 100. sheep runs were nice  and over 100.  One was a HIT.  today was a better day, but I was not happy with our runs.  They did not "feel" right.

Now I have to decide what I am going to do .  go home, go to Fla, visit some friend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment