WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Friday and still no power

National Grid said we would have power by last night.  I guess they didn't actually come out and look at the damage.  Anyway there are power trucks on the street today, but I'm not holding my breath for power today.

I've been working Dare on the hold pen and going to 4 and sometimes going to 5.  I am using the heavy sheep so he stops panicking about them getting away. He is getting better.  Yesterday I had to work on the down again and I will do that again today. It seems to slip away so easily.

So I have been sending him in to get the sheep  out and then continuing the go bye until the sheep hug the fence and then I am calling hiim off and then we start the drive to 4 and at 4 we turn the heads into the fence and i call him off again. Then I will send him on an away and a quick go bye if I need it and then a walk.  If he perceives they are going to run then the away to me is at hyper speed and I can't stop him on the other side. It's a balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment