WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Training Day

  We went to 5 guys for lunch.  It was very good.  I would recommend it.

Then home again to work the dogs. First on ducks, Both dogs were on their best behavior and did everything I asked them to do even though I had a rock bottle ready to throw at Dare.  He was good.  It was close quarters and he knows I can get to him. We even tried a little shedding.  Need to work on that more.
Dually was a good boy. Just flanked and fetched a little. Then we worked some outruns in the big field and they had a tough time . Duallly didn't seem to know where to go and had trouble completing the outrun.  Amy held the sheep for us and I dont' think they wanted to go by her either. Finally he completed it with my walking up the field and fetched them to me nicely.  Dare had trouble on the outrun too, but then he kept diving in.  I caught him up and put him away twice and then moved to a smaller field where he did the same thing so I tied him to the fence and ignored him. The next time I sent him , he was more thoughtful and diidn't dive in.  Maybe it worked and maybe it didn't .  Don;t know with him.

Tomorrow I leave here in the am and go to my friend Norma's place.  I am camping there till Monday. I will be driving to the trial from there. I am really excited to see Norma. I havent' seen her or talked to her in 12 yrs.  Many changes for both of us I imagine.

2 comments:

  1. 5 guys is great - now they're all over CT and MA ! Glad you're having fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to tutoring , went to clinical , and am trying to put in an our before going to bed. Glad you are having such a good time. Dually is such a good boy for not trying to eat the ducks LOL
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete