WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

NATIONALS DAY 1

No sleep last night and I so did not want to trial this morning. My cattle run was awful. I had no energy to give him and he had not energy of his own. 

My sheep run was interesting.  He took them out of the take pen beautifully and then walked them up the right side and the operative word is walked.  He barely moved.  He did the crossdrive by himself, but did turn them a couple of times.  I was set up to bring them out of panel 2 perfectly and of course he would not take his flank.  I called him off  and resent him and he took his away and brought them al thru and then we had a nice set up for the chute but they went by and I sent him to catch them and he bodee oh dode around and picked them up . Not his usual speedy cover.  He's not working normally.  Finally finagled 1 thru the chute and repenned.

The duck run , well we got excused for biting but we  the first 11 dogs got reruns.  The rerun went much better.  He picked up a stick right at the beginning and that settled him for the run.  However he would not take his go bye on the 2nd panel. There is a pattern here. I got all the ducks in the center pen and the repen was fine.  Not good enough for a placement I dont' think.

I was done by noon so I went back and took a nap then I went back and met Jan and we went to dinner Mexican.   Ice cream social when I came back and then back to trailer to bed.

BTW,  I decided not to get a puppy at this time. 


1 comment:

  1. At least it sounds like you are feeling better. Sorry things are not going as you had hoped.

    ReplyDelete