WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Another goat gone

   I never checked the livestock SAt night or Sunday night so Monday  am when I went to sort for a lesson, there was a goat missing. Of course it is not my goat.  I checked the fences in case his horns were caught  but no he has simply vanished.  An Alien ship apparently came down and stole him out of my pasture.

I called fish and wildlife and they came up to take a look.  I did find a huge pile of bear scat in the cow pasture and the 100 gal water tank had been overturned and a set of panels had been upended too, but that all happened either Fri or SAt I cant' remember when I saw them.   Anyway fish and wildlife found where a bear had climbed in the cow pasture and where he climbed out near my bedroom window.  But not where he dragged the poor goat which we are assuming he killed.  There was no sign of the goat in the woods or along the roadway. 


Anyway last night I slept with the window open in case I heard anything(it was cold last night) and I had fixed the electric fence and turned it on and locked the sheep near the barn.  But since the sheep are leaving at the end of the week, I decided to lock them in the barn until then.  The electric fence is still on and hopefully the bear will touch it.  I also loaded the shotgun and it's ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment