WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Stupid Goats

When I woke up this morning and sat down and had breakfast in my one chair, I looked outside and I could see the goats. One was up against the fence and 20min later she was still there. Not normal.  I deicded she was probably stuck and she was.  They have horns and I have some field fence and some no climb and she put her head thru the field fence and then she did it again later in the day only higher up.  By the time I got out there she was kinda hanging there. I hope she starts to "get"  it.  Although I think the next pasture over is all no climb.  I havent' really checked yet.

The foster dog Leila is full of fleas.  She had 1 capstar yesterday morning and then a few hours later I gave her frontline. She still has lots of fleas.  I got most of the mats cut off. She has a very downy coat and it's not an easy coat to care for. I took her to the vets for all her shots and to get the tumor under her front leg looked at. They did a needle biopsy to see if they could see anything. Results next week.  She is heartworm negative. I brought her home and dusted her and the boys with DE.  I am so afraid I am going to get an infestation.  Tomorrow they are all going to get baths with Dawn..  Lots of soap and suds.

Then I went out tonight and fixed the gate near the barn. It was high enough for Kip to get under it and into the livestock so there was a big post under to block it but then it was hard to move when I wanted to get in with the truck.  So I drilled new holes for the pins and rehung the gate. Sounds easy but you know it never is easy. But it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment