WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, December 2, 2016

CLINICS

Last Weekend Jan was here and we held a 2 day clinic and had 11 dogs.  I was unsure how many would show up but the price was really cheap and that drew some people in that may not have done it otherwise.  It was good people, very receptive and they made a lot of progress and listened well. Jan was very happy with the clinic too which is always a good thing. 

So Monday morning we started a 5 day cattle clinic and finished it today. It was not well attended so we go a lot of work, but not sure how much progress was made.  I was able to get Edge to bite heels low which is a major improvement.  He mostly did not do anything stupid and hit some heads correctly and I saw him hit a front leg when the head did not work. The cattle kept coming after him and this afternoon he got kicked into the fence and chased a lot so lost a lot of confidence. Because of the way the cows were acting I chose not to work Kip more than once today. He gained a little confidence, but not much on walking up to heads.  Needs more work.

I'm working on another clinic with Jan in Feb.  I need to figure out a way to reach the info to more people. Facebook is just not good enough.

Journey's nose although better is still not right.  I put in ear plugs last night so I did not have to listen to his heavy breathing.  Cindy is on her way back here tonight with some breathe easy tea that I have been told to add to a steamer.    He got to work ducks today in a stall and he is one tough cookie.  I had to keep saying to the girl who was watching that popping him that much is not for the normal dog. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking does not even describe it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had plenty at Jan's clinic ! Glad I did not go to the cattle clinic..cows sound tough !

    ReplyDelete