WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Edge goes to Obed class

I  dragged my ass out today and went to the Ocala club dropin class..  It turns out their regular students were at a  rally trial so I was the only one there.  That was good for Edge because he is pretty sensitive to things and dogs and people in his environment.  We worked on Novice stuff and Open stuff and Utility stuff.   The teacher was very encouraging but not very detailed.  She pushed us to do stuff that he has no clue about and I have not done any of the basic work on.  No harm done ,I kept it upbeat and positive.   I think he was tired so I brought Journey in and did some sits and downs and some recalls and he was good..  NO Kippy

When we got home I took Edge and Kip out to do some big outruns. It's so fun to have a field this big. They are definitely starting to understand about where to go to pick them up.  I am going half way up the field but I have already started to back out a little. Both dogs are about the same distance. They are 500 ft back and I am about 150 ft from the livestock.  Love the golf cart for this.

And then I had bonfire number 3 this week.  Lots of dead branches on the ground.  Picking them up with the golf cart but it's not ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment