WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bread Baking again

    It's winter and it's snowing and every year I get the urge to bake bread.  At least I try .  I dragged out 2 recipes that I tried with some success last year and sorta combined them.  Well I proofed the yeast in one and then used that yeast in the 2nd recipe which didn't call for proofing. At least I think that is what you call it when you make sure the yeast is alive and it bubbles in warm water and sugar.

This recipe makes 1 loaf and it requires no kneading, although I was all set to try kneading again.  Let's see if this one comes out.  I am letting it rise in a warmed oven  and in the past rising was an issue.  one hour to go.

Okay it rose beautifully and then I punched it down and it rose beautifully again and now it's in the oven cooking and smelling GREAT!!!!!!

Ok success I guess. It came out ok but it just tastes ok.  I want that really yeasty bread taste.  This tastes more like warmed up store bread.  

Must keep  trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment