WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

lamb




So this morning at 6:30 , I go out to check on the lamb that I practically threw out with it'sMom last night at Odark thirty.   The lamb didn't look lively at all and was just sitting in the corner so I decided to go out later and pick up something to tube it with.  I let the other sheep out but around 11am they were trying to get back in so I opened up the door and let the ewes back in.
I bundled up and went to the co-op because that is the only place that carries the tube thingy.  I bought a couple of needles (just in case) and a new hat while I was there.
 I came in the house and put the syrninge full of milk in the microwave and went out to get the lamb,opened the door and a newborn was in front of me.  Brownie had lambed and had twins of course.  The other lamb was a bit behind her.  So I have  brownish ewe lamb and a white ram lamb.  In the meantime the lamb I was going to tube feed appears to be up and lively , even jumping around a bit.  Not going to feed it then. It did nurse while I was watching too and then laid down again in the corner where the heat lamp is and then back up again to go exploring so I guess it will make it after all.

I put Brownies's lambs into one of the new lambing pens and she was still cleaning them when I came in to make some lunch.  10deg outside-- it figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment