WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 23, 2012

No new lambs--just bread

It's  been over a week now since the first ewes lambed.  I need to figure out how to get them all to go at the same time.  I don't like this waiting around stuff.

Sounds like it's going to get warm and rain today.  Unless it stays really warm or a few days, that will mean ice ice and more ice for me, the dogs and the sheep.  None off us like it.

So yesterday , I made another recipe of bread(I can't eat all this bread).  Again , I got it to rise but I think I warmed the oven too much and the 2nd rise wasn't as good as the first and the first took a long time.  So maybe I am killing the yeast a little.  Anyway I have 2 nice looking loaves. They taste ok.  Maybe I will try a sweet load next time and get away from traditional white.


Then I went on and made chicken pot pie which is quite tasty.  I made crust for the probably first time in my life.  It didnt'come out quite like it was supposed to.  I used the recipe which called for only 2 tbsp of cold water and I could not get the stuff to stick together to roll it out. I kept adding water and I rolled it out , but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be flaky. I divided the pie so I would have 3 separate smaller ones and froze two of them. They look good and the iside will taste good but the not sure about the crust.  May have to play with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment