WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

AHBA trial over and clinic too

I have had a busy week and a half.  Roger Stevens flew in on Fri from Alabama to judge our AHBA trial which was full(40 runs).  Mary worked with me all week to get ready for the trial and the clinic.There is a lot of clean up and set up to holding a trial and a clinic.  I could not do it myself anymore.

The trial started on time but there were a lot of questions about how to do certain obstacles and where you could stand etc etc.  That was fine, It didn't put us behind schedule.  The stock handlers were impeccable and I never even thought about the stock because I knew I had 2 people who could make decisions and take care of stuff.  Not everybody qualified which is as it should be in a trial but a lot of people did and some did much better than they ever dreamed.  Dare was the first run of the day and layed down a nearly flawless level 3 run.  He was listening and was a good dog .Dually was kind of an idiot all day.  He was not listening and was fast and pushy.  I was non-competitive but Dare got a CH point in sheep which he needs and Dually got a leg each in level 3 ducks and sheep. I don't think he has his titles yet so he is not working on his CH yet.

Barb and lizzie had a great run in level 2 sheep and won the class I think. They also got a Q in level 2 .ducks. Betty and Peak won level 2 ducks whick I'm sure made her tickled pink.  Zest got a Q in level 2 ducks too. Kathy B got thru her classes level 1 sheep and ducks but no Q's yet. 

We had a pot luck for lunch which was wonderful and then an ice cream sundae party in the afternoon right before the JHD runs. Edgie had a very nice JHD run. I was very happy with him.
 I made dog beds for the HIT prizes and gave out HIT BC,AUSSIE AND OTHER.   I think they were appreciated. First place ribbons also got a rope lead and all the JHD Q'S  did too. 
Okay now the clinic.  It was amazing!! Roger was great. And even though I have worked with him a number of times at his place in the past, he was much better in a removed clinic location.  I think I learned a lot more.  We worked on slowing Bob's BC down and making Betty's Bc think walk and push at the same time. We started Barbs wildass puppy.  We put a lot of pressure on Dually and he was  better. Edgie worked on cows a number of times and Roger showed me how to teach him where to bite and where to walk the dogs to keep the cows moving forward. How not to get in a fight with a goat. Kathy B got to work on cows and Wish did a nice job moving them and then they had a pretty decisive discussion on lying down. Wish has decided recently that she doesn't have to do what Kathy asks. Bob started his puppy and right away we put him in pressure.  Donna worked goats and cows and Gel loved the cows. Eunice worked Shooter and he really did nice work with pressure and I think Eunice was ecstatic.  Cindy's pup came around and stopped biting so much.  He's a bit of a handful too.  Laura worked Snitch and she looked good.  She got kicked and rolled by the cow and had to regain some of her courage but she came back.  Dually got stomped too but he didnt' seem to notice. Tough dogs.

We are already planning on having Roger back maybe this fall but it might be hard to co-ordinate this late in the year.  Laura and I are going share airfare and he will do 3 days here  and 3 days in Maine. 

Now I have to think about the taxes again and I need to bring the trailer to get new tires and the leak in the roof fixed before I bring it to Maine in a  week.  No rest for the wicked or weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment