WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

BC trial

Ok I got my feet wet at the BC trial today . I had hoped to show the BC people that aussies were competitive.  We did not do well. 

There was a learning run in the am followed by a real trial in the afternoon.  I ran Dare first in the am and we actually got the sheep all the way around the field into the pen.  He had a tight outrun and crappy lift  and his fetch was all over the place, but he also ringed the sheep on the fetch because they started to speed up. He did the same thing in the afternoon which makes me think we have missed something in training.  I am going to take him out and work one sheep probably tomorrow as I am a bit tired tonight.

Dually was also a bit tight on his outrun and on is lift he came in fast and they booked and ran and he started to chase and I could not catch him. He chased one sheep off towards the woods and then he came around the hill by himself. Not sure where the sheep went.  He knew I was not a happy camper and his next run started out much better, but  when we got to the pen I asked for a down and the sheep were going to walk right in and he got up and then when I flanked him around, they blew up and he started to try and gather them but they were going in 3 dif directions so I  retired him.

Pretty disappointing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I've been reading your blog and didn't know you were training for a field trial. There is one not far from my home that I'd like to try, but we aren't ready for a field yet. One day. More and more Aussies are giving them a try. Some Aussies are doing quite well. Hang in there and keep training for them.

    ReplyDelete