WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Disbudding

The little goats got disbudded to day.  dehorned before they start.  They were not happy, but it was quick and now they will be better tolerated goats by humans and also it is safer for them. They can't get caught in fences or hurt each other. Nat came up and brought all the equipment and did all the dirty work and all she got was a hot chocolate in return. 

As soon as she left, I hotfooted it down to borrow Ed's truck to go pick up the corral panels I bought on Craigslist. I actually got there on time and the owners helped me break it down and load it onto the pickup. I left 2 panels there because they would not fit safely.  Home and they are sitting in the driveway. Hopefully Brian will help me unload them tomorrow am and I can go get the others or wait till next week to get them.  Not sure till I know how long to  unload them.

I gave the counter a 4 th coat of  tung oil finish and that will be the last one.  I need to let it cure for a few days before I use it at all and that will work with my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment