WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, December 11, 2015

SEASC DAY 1

 Today was day 1 of a 3 day am/pm trial in Al.   I have Edge entered in everything and I had hoped to WTCH him this weekend, but we nq'd on cattle this morning.   He was a little wild on the cows and would not take a down or a stop where I needed him to.  We could not get the cows off the center pen to get them to the first panel and that pretty much put us out of qualifying.

We had some really nice goat runs and nice very nice duck runs.  I was worried about the ducks but he did great.  Only time will tell if he is ready to move up.  I"m guessing right now he is not ready, but oh well. 

I worked Kip yesterday on all the stock and he was better than Edge. He rates and corrects his overflanking on his own.   After paying for the brake job, I really dont' have enough money to enter him this weekend. He's young and he can wait.  He did work cows in the arena and was not stupid on them which I was worried about.  Actually I think his stupid phase is now over mostly.

It is so nice this week in Dothan.  The door is open and it is 6:30 and I am not cold. It was tshirt weather for the trial . People were looking for shade. I have been here when it was cold and windy and overalls were in vogue at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment