WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Damn it's cold!

Home away from Home
Peachy Pie

View of the canal from Carols house
.
 
Dually

     It's 6am and I had to get up because again I was cold.  We put down 2 foam mattress pads and a sleeping bag that I laid o n top of and it was still sucking the warmth out of my upper body.  Today I will try and find a piece of stryofoam insulation to lay down on top of the plywood cover under the mattress.
     It has finally stopped snowing. We got about 10 inches or so here. heavy and wet too.  The dogs are having a ball.  Me,,,, not so much.
   


     We took a trip to Lowe's and got a piece of styrofoam insulation board.  We cut it with a utility knife and laid it on top of the plywood and under the mattress.  Before I put the mattress back , I left it for a few hours to see what it would feel like when I got back.  The  plywood was ice cold but the insulating board was not so I am looking forward to a warm(ish)night's sleep tonight.
     The wind has been blowing all day and they don't plow the streets around here. Everybody drives on them as best they can and they pack down until it gets warm and then it melts. They treated the main roads but the back streets are kind of a mess. The sun was out all day and there was a lot of melting in spite of the cold. The dogs are loving the snow and they are allowed to be on the back porch all together instead of stuck in crates or in the trailer. That is a good thing.  My sisters lab attacked Peaches and she got a puncture on her lip. She will be fine I think.
     I tried  a new drink today(new to me)--hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.   V. Good.   I believe we had those before lunch.  Tonight we are going to watch a movie and Joan and Michael, and Mike are going to drive home tomorrow leaving just Carol and me.
     I did call the RV repair place but they were closed because of the storm. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully we will find another fun thing to do too. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment