WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lesson for me today --Yay

    Betty and I traveled out to Barb Armata's place in NY again today. We went about a month and a half ago when Barb finally convinced Betty she needed a down and so we have been working on it for all that time. He was good not great but she moved onto his other problem which is slicing his Away flank.  I have been trying to get Betty to see it and to put pressure on him and get him to give. Barb mimicks my words so it's all good.  Now that is what we will work on , in addition to the down until we go back in mid Sept.

     I worked Dare first and he was his normal self .   Last time he was the good dog and Dually was the bad dog and it got reversed to normal and so Barb got to see what a pushy SOB Dare is.   We worked on his down a bit by getting in his face with the rattle paddle and using a belly band but more to keep a rope on him than to actually use the belly band.  He got better but it was soooo hot that I think he was more tired than better. We'll see next time I take him out and demand his down.  Also worked on the novice novice outrun and he can do it but he is tight.

      Dually was a good boy.   He did a very nice outrun lift and fetch .  NIce distance and pace. And then we were going to work on driving, but he won't take his gobye inside flank nice and square so we worked on that also with the rattle paddle and banging it on the ground , but we had to have a line on him or he was just going to leave.  Barb worked him a bit and I said he was soft but when she threw the stock stick next to him to get him to square up , he kind of lifted an eye and said "Is that all you got" and kept going.  She laughed and said " I though you said he was soft" and I said " Well , yes, soft for and aussie" and that is when we changed to the rattle paddle. Got good results too. Can't wait to try it again.  That flank has been bothering me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment