WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, August 31, 2012

NESA AKC TRIAL

  I had the boys entered in cattle 1st thing this am.  I was so proud of them. They were awesome! The cows didn't want to play so Dare walked up introduced himself and bit the crap out of them.  The cows said "yes  sir-Where would you like us to go sir?"  He got them up the centerline and around the post and we made the Y chute and  played with them around the Z chute but got them in and on to the hold  pen.  The buggers started to run coming out of the Hold pen and Dare tried to stop them and did get them stopped at the number4 but when I asked him to take them on the cross drive, he couldn't help himself and did some cow twirling which mad them all split and he could not cover them back to the repen.  They called 1 minutes and the way it was going I knew we were not going to get the crossdrive so I repenned them. He got  a 78 which of course was NQ because you need to get at least 50% of each obstacle and we lost that on the crossdrive.  

Dually got the same cows and introduced himself the same way. Again we got them up to the cone and made the turn to the Y. We had some trouble on the Y but got them through and skimmed the Z and made the hold pen .  He took them to the 4 and had some trouble holding them but got them to the center panels although we skimmed them too.  We q'd for leg number 2.

Dare's duck run was really nice except for the cross drive. He didn't take my first stop and then tried to bring them back to me so I reflanked him and screamed down and he stopped and we had a beautiful crossdrive but we placed 2nd.  Bummer.  Not sure if we got HC pts or not.
Dually had a nice outrun lift and fetch but wasn't listening to me as I yelled down down down and then gave up since he was bringing them so nicely anway.  I think we skimmed the Y chute and got the Z and the Hold pen but then he was not listening at all at the crossdrive and the ducks crossed the center line and I didn't know what to do so I went on.  He didn't Q his first time in ADV ducks. I was happy with it though.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully tonight will be full of sleepless dreams and lots of sleep.I'm tired and the dogs are very tired. Puppy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment