WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sat is busy

So the contractors showed up at 8 with  bunch of stuff.  I locked Dare in the kennel with the roof on it and put Dually and Edge out in the upper field. Dually jumped out through the top of the gate and so I put him in a kennel and put Peaches out with Edge.  The contractors worked till about 11 and Brian left. He called a few minutes later to say there was a dog up the street that looked like my dogs so I took a count . 1,2,3 and no 4... Dare had climbed out and somehow had gotten through the wire at the top and instead of going towards Brookfield , he went towards Sturbridge which is always busier. Brian said he saw him at the intersection of Allen and New Boston so I drove out there and a little way farther but didnt' see him so I came back to grab a whistle and go the other direction because I just couldn't believe he went that way. As I am driving towards Brookfield, Bill calls me to tell  me he is much farther down New Boston so I go back that way and they are pulled over, but no dog. They said he went behind a house and that was the last they saw of him. I whistled and whistled and nothing. They Ed came down and he started to drive back and forth to try and find him .Finally Ed gave up and went back to painting and I was sitting in the car calling the dog officer and I see Dare up ahead of me sort of behind a house.  I drove up and he was unsure who I was for a minute but he came to me and then he was very willing ( for him ) to get in the car. He was luckily unhurt and I haven't left him alone outside since. But I am planning an upgrade on the kennel roof that he cannot get out of.

So the insulation is done for the porch but the flooring is not on and they won't be back until next Sat.  This seems to be taking a long time.But they are only working 4 hrs every SAT so it will take a while.

Meanwhile,, Ed painted the bedroom and I went out and bought some crown molding to put in there. I think it will dress it up a bit.  The blue bauble paint looks nice. And the white woodwork looks great! No flooring today and Ed thinks the walls will need another coat so who knows if the flooring will go in next week.

I got another price quote on 4 appliances at Whitco in Spencer and I think I will buy them there. The fridge is going to be bigger than I am used to and it will have ice and water in the door.  Mmmmm The first quote was Home Depot and the quotes are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment