WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Duck herding demo

Betty talked me into a duck herding demo today at the TouAfstone community school in Grafton. It was some kind of spring fling day with all kinds of kids (lots of kids)did I mention kids? Betty and her students and friends were just finishing up an agility demo when I got there. While they cleared the little tiny field, I unloaded some panels and the bridge and the ducks. I had brought 87 ducks but after I saw the space, I only brought 4 out to work. While I worked the dogs, Betty held the MIC and told anyone who was listening what I was doing. Not sure anyone was listening. Then we allowed the kids to herd the ducks individually. Some did well and some were terrors. It was short and sweet and I packed up and went home to a lesson that never showed up. After last nights lack of sleep, I am looking forward to tonight and hoping the clusters skip a night like they have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment