WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Never a dull moment

The clinic is over and the ASCNE stockdog trial is over and I am back to lessons. I had some free time this afternoon to load the borrowed sheep and bring them home. I loaded 2 lambs into a crate in the back of the truck and hooked up the horse trailer and loaded in 8 sheep. I drove down to Nat's and dropped off her 5 sheep and then drove up to Shelleys and dropped off the lambs and her five sheep. Then back on the highway and almost all the way home when BAM the truck starts jumping up and down and there is some ungodly sound coming from the trailer. I pull over and the ramp is on the ground. It looked like the rivets gave out on one side and the tailgate dropped and twisted the trailer all to shit. I called Ed and he came and we tied it all up and he followed me the 3 miles home. When I drove into the pasture on rough ground it started to make a whole new set of noises. After parking it and looking at it, It appears that the rear axel broke and caused all the problems. . It's a piece of junk now and Ed is going to take it for scrapmetal tomorrow. I offered to follow him but he said he would be fine. HOpe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment