WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Edgemanny gets to work

I have been feeling pretty good the last couple of days. Headaches still coming but less severe and the O2 is taking care of them pretty well. So I have been working with Edge. I have decided he needs to gate sort because all of my dogs gate sort. So what if he is a baby and knows nothing. What a great place to teach him flanks and walk ups and Hold. The first day he would not stay at the gate and walk up and hold them off. The 2nd day he would stay there but when I asked him to walk up he busted thru them. Today I caught him on the bust thru and told him No and by golly he seemed to get it. What a smart puppy. I have also been sending him to get the sheep out in the 100 bhy 100 because I hate to walk out there. He is willing to leave me but then he gets stuck holding them to the fence. I walked out today and helped him a little and the sheep came right in with him flanking around behind them. What a good puppy. He's 2 you know. I then took him out to the cows. I feel I have enough control on him so that we won't get in too much of a mess. I wanted him to hold the cows off while I put grain in the pans. My plan wasn't very good and he went in the middle of them and heeled a couple for fun. I got the grain down and got the heck out with him. I'll plan it better next time. I worked Dually on A course Cows and I guess it was hot because he was kinda slow even for Dually. I walked around with him because the cows were being hard to move and he won't heel and I dont' like him to go to the heads and move them that way. The cows always end up going in the wrong direction. Cow twirling Raining tonight so I have no excuses and I have to work on the Farm trial stuff. I've been putting it off but I am going to sit on my new wicker in my nice porch and turn the fairy lights on and listen to the rain on the metal roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment