WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

NEAR DISASTER

I slept in this am and packed leisurely since I had a short trip to my next stop. I carefully checked stairs before I left.  Everything looked good.  I was on my way up an incline and I heard a loud clunk.  really loud. I stopped immediately and got out to look.  The trailer hitch pin was gone and the hitch was hanging by a thread and the trailer was being held to the car only by the chains.  Yikes.  I quickly put chocks under the trailer wheels and block of wood since I want' sure the chocks would hold and I didn't want to be running after my rolling trailer yelling STOP TRAILER i COMMAND YOU TO STOP!.   I managed to get the trailer jacked up and took of the stabilizers and then wiggled the hitch out completely so I could get at the chains which were taut.   I got everything unhitched and then had to hitch it all back again.  I did find another pin to hold it in there fairly quickly but now I need to get a back up one.  geez scary.  
Then I went up to dump my tanks and I realized my antenna was up and I could not wind it down.  Something inside had broken earlier and now I knew the result. The canp office sent someone up with a ladder and we were able to get it down with me inside and him up on top.  The rest of the drive was uneventful.  We went over to Cheryls to work ducks and cattle but all I really wanted to do was take a nap.  I'm very tired.  up early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment