WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Close working ducks

I lazed around all day yesterday until  dark and decided to catch up some ducks and work in the barn.  First off a light was out(of course).  I took a bulb out of the tackroom but it wouldn't work in the outlet so I started out one light short. I didn't laze around all day either, I was up on that stupid roof again trying to get some more ice off of it. I took a sledgehammer to it . And again today same thing.
      Anyway back to ducks, I worked Dare first.  He was fast and I tried to get him to concentrate and slow down.  I worked on me more than him, being quiet and praising instead of getting him hpyed up.  I was better and he was happier.
      Dually is quieter and slower but he continues to dive in.  I didn't say anything I just bopped him when he did it. Not sure that is the right approach either because it seemed to make him watch me  more. I was trying to teach him to take them out of the corners when they were socked in there, but they kept coming out too easily. They stuck in the corners for Dare but not for Dually so I guess Dually was going around and Dare was going in straight.
     I sent out 40 flyers for the upcoming clinic today and I'm very gratified at the immediate response I'm getting. I decided to go with 7 days of clinic instead of just4 and I'm glad I did. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got some good work done on both dogs! Way better than sitting home:-)) I wish I could say the same, too many storms yesterday...

    ReplyDelete