WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mass Save--No lambs yet

  Since someone was curious, I'll report.  They replaced all the bulbs that I hadn't already done with the saver bulbs(you know which ones I'm talking about) I found out he gets paid per bulb he replaces. We talked at length about the warm air hitting the roof where it shouldn't be getting thru. Bottom line was that a contractor wouldn't be interested because it's too small a job so live with it.  He suggested using insulated boards to enclose the crawlspace which I may or may not do and he suggested the same for the cellar door to the bulkhead which I will definitely do. I think that is a brilliant idea. Cellar will stay warmer, I think a lot warmer. Also suggested pulling the soffit(sp) down over my bedroom and cleaning out any leftover squirrels nests.  And insulating the hole I have in the closet so the warm air doesn't get up there and create ice dams which is what it is doing now. That may also be due to the theoretical squirrels nests.  We also talked about the doors and how to keep them more sealed.  All good info although not as much maybe as I expected. Most of this work needs to be done in the warmer weather.

     Today I sat down with my receipts to try and sort them for tax purposes.  yikes what a project. I need to keep more on top of that throughout the year.  My back is killing me and I only did it for 45 minutes. Not even close to done.  And then I have to go back thru them and add them all up. Not fun.  I have been putting this off for  a year and a half so it has to get done this year.

1 comment: