WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Castrating lambs

    A vet friend came up this morning to show Kathy and I how to cut lambs and remove testicles. I, of course, cut myself with the scalpel first thing. She showed us on one lamb and then I did the next and I made Kathy do the last two.  At least we have the proof that they are wethers. There is no going back on this procedure.  Kathy says she is going to remember how to do this next year.  I, however, have my doubts and I think I will write down step by step and file it.
     There are a couple of inches of snow on the ground but no big deal. not 12 inches like they predicted. Can't believe the weathermen anyway.  However it may be enough to put my rock raking party on hold tomorrow. Can't rake in the snow and can't rake in the mud either.

     Back/hip is still bothering me. I took some traumeel last night for it. I never remember I have that stuff. I should have started taking it last week.

1 comment:

  1. I will remember how to do it!! I thought it was great and so much faster than banding. Hmm about the two that are lame, I think it was the way they were held and have faith they will come out of it.

    ReplyDelete