WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Successful Rock Raking Party

   There were 7 people that showed up(all women of course)and we raked and picked up rocks for about 4 hrs.    We made a big dent in the job but it's not done by a long shot.

I am sore and I am sure there are other people that are going to be feeling it later. Nobody wanted to work dogs when were done and I can't blame them .   Everybody has a raincheck to come and use the livestock.   I  had pizza delivered for lunch and then we went out and finished the corner of the pasture/arena. 

Blue wanted to take pics of my dogs working so I worked both Dually and Dare a bit in the muck and she said she got some good shots. Can't wait to see what she sends me.  Dually was good but he did dive in a couple of times and Dare was a VERY good obedient boy.

2 of the lambs we castrated yesterday are having trouble walking on one rear hind leg. Not sure what is going on but hopefully they will come out of it.

3 comments:

  1. Now those are great friends. Hope your lambs are just sore and come out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lambs are probably just sore (like the rest of you! LOL)

    I tip my hat to you -- there's no way I'd be able to talk 7 people into coming out to rake rocks just for pizza and a herding session! Your powers of persuasion are clearly superior to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked 20 and got 7 and was surprised I got anyone at all and that they lasted so long. We would come for you too.

    ReplyDelete