WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bathroom renovation completed

 This is a ceramic tile floor that looks like wood. I love it. I added the beadboard wainscotting and a new comfort level toilet.  I still need to add towel bars to the right.
 I bought an old beat up sideboard and retrofitted it for the sink. The drawers are usable  and so is the middle section on the bottom for storage.  The top is a piece of granite I chose for the unusual color(green) and the faucets are Mouen and finished oil rubbed bronze. I found a matching soap dispenser at Walmart.
You can't see this very well, but it is the shower. It's 32 by 48 with 2 glass walls and a glass door and the other walls are marble look alike.  The seat is teak and very comfortable. The shower fixtures match the sink faucet and it's on a slide bar which is very useful.

6 comments:

  1. Your bathroom looks terrific! I especially love the wooden floor. Bathroom floors are usually made from tiles and marbles, so seeing one made from wood is fairly new to me. In my opinion, wood exudes such indescribable calmness and classiness; your bathroom has certainly captured that effect. :]

    - Gabrielle Jeromy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , sorry so late in replying . I guess I didnt' know how. The floor is actually ceramic tile that look like wood. very easy to find now and I really like them.

      Delete
  2. Very nice bathroom for the limited space. It has a modern country look. I have been trying to decide on what to do with the space that I have and have been finding great ideas to mix and mash into my own.
    devis rénovation salle de bain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fun of an oldish bathroom style like old looking furniture or sinks I prefer something like that Modern Sink for me look amazing but it's my own feelings :) I love the floors You put, great looking wood and imagine it's not wooden at all, a cool thing. Where did You get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. The floors are easy to find at any large box store or tile store now. When I bought them, they were a bit harder to find but they have become pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete