WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Maine training

Betty and I got up early today and I was on the road at 7am .  I packed in 3 dogs and went to Westford on rt 495 and met Betty and Sandy and Martha there. Betty put 2 dogs in my car and we drove another 3 hrs north to Gardiner Maine area.   We went to work with Brenda Buja. 

Brenda has a very nice farm-- a huge indoor arena  and 2 nice sized outdoor pens.  One was good sized , maybe 175 by 250.   She had light cheviots in there and I worked both Dare and Dually on them.  The dogs were really good today.  I was very pleased with them.  We worked on some distance driving and holding the line by themselves. Dare can do that but Dually needs more work.  Apparently my timing is off so I need to work on some timing issues.

Edge worked some nice dog broke sheep and he was on task and very interested showing great balance and perfect grouping.  He was much more keen today than  he was the last time I had him on sheep about 2 weeks ago.   He was not that hard to catch either.

No comments:

Post a Comment