WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Goats are maybe not my thing

Ok now I definitely have a sick goat kid.  One is doing great weighs 12lbs and the other is weak , not eating well appears cold and only weighs 8lbs.  So I thought I will bottle feed it.  I went to Tractor Supply and got kid milk replacer per my goat mentor. Of course the stuff I read on the internet in more than one place says " DO NOT USE MILK REPLACER ON KIDS"  Too late I"m using it and of course said goat does not want to nurse out of a bottle. I had to force feed it but I got 8oz down it's skinny little throat.  So I thought that would pick her up but it didn't so the mentor suggested BO-Se since that is what cured the lamb.  Duh light dawns on something something. I go in the house and get the Bo-Se in a syringe and go outside. I get to the goat , catch it and got to give it a shot and realize the needle is not on the syringe. I apparently lost it somewhere from the house to the barn.  Back to the house to get another one.  Fortunately I found the box of needles and syringes that I boutht in Al and could not find the other day so I am all set to shoot up everything in sight. so back out and I gave the poor thing 1 cc which is what the lamb was supposed to get.  It might just have killed the kid.  It might too much.  Time will tell. Now I am going back out to force feed some more milk.  This is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment